We are happy to announce the expansion of Bliz in the Canadian market, with our new partner Rock Gear Distribution. The amicable transition from the current distributor, Diamond Head Sports, will take place during the winter and spring of 2019/2020. This marks the start of a new partnership as well as an inspiring process to give active people across Canada an increased taste of Scandinavian sports eyewear.
Bliz has had a long presence in the Canadian market, supporting athletes in Alpine Canada and Canada Ski Cross with Marielle Thompson, among others. During these years Bliz partnered with Diamond Head Sports but will now begin the transition to Rock Gear Distribution.
– We have had a great run with Diamond Head Sports. Through the years they have taught us a lot about the market, and way things are done in Canada. It’s an amicable agreement and we are effectively transitioning to a new partner. We thank Diamond Head Sports for a long-term partnership and introduction of Bliz to Canadian market, says Jerry Manderhjelm, Global Sales Director at Bliz.
Going forward, Bliz has chosen Rock Gear Distribution as a new partner for the entire Canadian market. The new partnership is one where both parties very much look forward to and believe that great things can be accomplished. The two companies not only share similar core values, but also a strong passion for an active outdoor lifestyle.
– Rock Gear Distribution has a nationwide network of sales reps and is well capable of guiding us on the road ahead. Their extensive experience with outdoor and sports products combined with their knowledge, professionalism and existing product portfolio are things that we believe will make this a great fit for everyone. The expertise and dedication of the owners and staff at Rock Gear really tell us that we can do great things together, says Jerry Manderhjelm at Bliz.
At Rock Gear Distribution, President Ian Lowe-Wylde is happy to add Bliz to their existing brands-portfolio.
– We are super excited to work with Bliz! Bliz is a perfect complement to our brands and makes our assortment more complete across the outdoor, bike, run and ski categories.
Rock Gear isn’t unfamiliar with Swedish brands, as they currently represent ICEBUG footwear and Silva compasses and lighting.
– When I met with Jerry, he gave me a good understanding of what Bliz is all about. “World Cup winning technology at weekend warrior prices”, which suits us perfectly. We especially like the fact that Bliz is so involved with the athletes themselves when it comes to design, features and technology. It’s a brand that we know will be appreciated in the Canadian market, and we can’t wait to get started working with the Bliz team, says Ian Lowe-Wylde, President of Rock Gear Distribution.
Bliz is a part of Future Eyewear Group. A Swedish company that is the leading company in sun- sports- and reading glasses and goggles in the Nordic countries. Headquartered outside Gothenburg with subsidiaries in Norway, Denmark and Finland. Future Eyewear Group is represented with its various brands through distributors in more than 30 countries worldwide.
ABOUT ROCK GEAR
Rock Gear Distribution (RGD) imports and distributes products that are designed for the active outdoor market. RGD services top Canadian specialty and large format retailers. A full list of brands and contact information is available at www.rockgeardistribution.com The RGD team has a real passion for outdoor activity and the brands it represents…product knowledge and customer satisfaction are top priority!
President Rock Gear Distribution
1 403 563 8687
RESPONSIBILITIES DURING TRANSITION PERIOD
Transition period: December 2, 2019 to March 1, 2020
During the transition period;
Current Distributor (Diamond Head);
– will sell and supply Canadian customers until February 29, 2020
– will NOT sell Bliz SS20 or Bliz Polarized SS20
– will NOT sell Bliz AW20/21 or Bliz Polarized AW20/21
New Distributor (Rock Gear Distribution);
– will sell Bliz SS20 and Bliz Polarized SS20
– will sell Bliz AW 20/21 and Bliz Polarized AW 20/21
– will NOT supply Canadian customers with Bliz Active or Bliz Polarized products before March 1, 2020
From March 1, 2020 Diamond Head have NO right to sell, supply or distribute any Bliz or Bliz Polarized branded products in the territory: CANADA
From March 1, 2020 Rock Gear Distribution is the exclusive distributor of Bliz and Bliz Polarized in the territory: CANADA
Special Note from Brian Mills, Ontario Sales Representative
“Come check us out at the Spry Show in Brampton January 6th to 9th, please contact me to arrange your appointment for the 20-21 booking season.”
Brian Mills, Ontario Salesperson, Mobile: 519-716-7900
Customer Service: 1-877-922-5462 E-mail: email@example.com