You’re More Than Your Successes. You’re More Than Your Failures. You Are The Work.
Introducing Under Armour’s 2020 Global Brand Platform—The Only Way Is Through.
The Only Way Is Through is the manifestation of UA’s brand ethos and rallying cry to motivate and inspire athletes around the world to put in the work to improve and overcome. It aims to truly capture the visceral fire that fuels athletes’ greatness, no matter what may stand in the way.
This is a global platform that will continue throughout the entire year and brings to life the stories of a wide array of athletes spanning across different countries and sports. In addition to the global ad spot, Under Armour will be launching a series of additional content around the platform throughout the year, including personal letters from athletes and an Under Armour podcast launching in partnership with iHeart media.
The campaign debuted today in Baltimore, among a global gathering of Under Armour athletes, trainers, teammates, media, and more, as part of a two-day immersion into the next year of Under Armour innovation. The platform launch includes a 90-second anthem, and will be supported with additional content throughout the year, including spotlight pieces telling the stories of all types of athletes and exploring their “through” moments. As Under Armour and its athletes bring to life this vision for 2020 and beyond, The Only Way Is Through becomes a rallying cry for the brand in an effort to motivate and inspire athletes around the world to put in the work and get better.
The anthem content features a wide array of athletes and teams, including:
- Stephen Curry, three-time Champion and two-time MVP
- DK Metcalf, star receiver for Seattle
- Trent Alexander-Arnold, homegrown superstar and UCL winner for Liverpool
- Kelley O’Hara, Olympic Gold Medalist and two-time World Cup winner
- Georgia Ellenwood, eight-time All American and 2018 D1 Heptathalon Champion
- Zhu Ting, Olympic Gold Medalist and two-time Volleyball World Cup Champion
- Tom Brady, six-time Champion, three-time MVP
- Michael Phelps, the most decorated swimmer of all time
- Kyle Dietz, former MMA fighter turned long distance trail runner after brain tumor diagnosis
- Adinda Sukardi, Under Armour Indonesia Ambassador
- St. John’s College High School Girls Basketball
- Mission Viejo High School Football
- City College High School Boys Basketball
- University of Notre Dame Football
The Only Way Is Through platform will come to life in 2020 through experiential events in major cities such as New York, London and Shanghai. Under Armour, in partnership with iHeartRadio, is also launching The Only Way Is Through podcast, which will offer listeners access into the world of elite athletes and their stories, training, and mentors.
The Only Way Is Through will run across broadcast, online, out-of-home, and social media platforms with a focus on key global sport and cultural moments in 2020. Activations with Under Armour’s world-class roster of athletes, trainers, grassroots and collegiate partners will continue to deliver the message throughout the year.
Check out UA.com for the latest performance product and innovations that our athletes put to the test every day, including UA RUSH™; UA HOVR™ Machina; UA Recover products, and more.