Major developments in Q3 2018:
- Revenues grow 8% currency-neutral and 3% in euro terms
- Gross margin increases 1.4pp to 51.8%
- Operating margin improves 1.3pp to 15.3%
- Net income from continuing operations grows 19% to € 656 million
- Basic EPS from continuing operations up 21% to € 3.26
We delivered high-quality growth again in Q3. The top-line expansion was driven by double-digit increases across our strategic growth areas North America, Greater China and e-commerce. At the same time, we achieved strong profitability improvements despite a significant increase in marketing investments and severe currency headwinds.
“With these results, we are confident to reach a higher-than-expected profitability level in 2018 and remain firmly on track to achieve our long-term targets until 2020,” said adidas CEO Kasper Rorsted.